Similarly, in Bukhari, there is another Hadiš narrated by Sayyiduna Anas رضی اللہ عنہ , ‘On the day of Eid-ul-Fitr, the Beloved and Blessed Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم would not go until he صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم ate a few dates in odd numbers.’
(Sahih Bukhari, pp. 328, vol. 1, Hadiš 953)
It is narrated by Sayyiduna Abu Hurairah رضی اللہ عنہ that the Holy Prophet صلی اللہ علیہ وسلم would go to offer Eid Salah from one path and would return from the other one.
(Jami’ Tirmizi, pp. 69, vol. 2, Hadiš 541)
Twenty one Mustahabbat of Eid
Following acts are Mustahab on the Eid day:
1. To get hair cut (get your hair cut according to Sunnah , not according to the English styles).
2. To cut nails.
3. To have a bath.
4. To use Miswak (this is in addition to the one used during Wudu).
5. To wear nice clothes, either new or washed ones.
6. To apply perfume.
7. To wear a ring (Islamic brothers are allowed to wear only one silver ring which weighs less than 4.5 Masha. There must be only one gem in the ring; they shouldn’t wear the ring without a gem either; there is no limit for the weight of the gem. They are not allowed to wear more than one ring. Men cannot wear the ring made of any other metal except silver with the before-mentioned conditions).
8 To offer Salat-ul-Fajr in the Masjid of one’s locality.
9. To eat some dates in odd numbers such as 3, 5, 7 etc. before going to offer Eid-ul- Fitr Salah. If dates are not available, then eat something sweet. If nothing is eaten before the Salah, there will be no sin, but if nothing is eaten till Salat-ul-‘Isha, he will be rebuked.
10.To offer the Eid Salah at a place that is designated for offering the Eid Salah .
11. To go to the designated place for Eid Salah on foot.
12 Although there is no harm in using conveyance, walking on foot is better for those who can do so; there is no harm at all in returning by conveyance.
13. To go to the designated place for Eid Salah from one path and returning from the other path.
14. To pay Sadaqah-e-Fitr before the Eid Salah (this is better, but if you couldn’t pay it before the Eid Salah , pay it after the Salah).
15. To express happiness.
16. To donate Sadaqah in abundance.
17. To head towards the designated place for Eid Salah calmly, in a dignified manner, with lowered gaze.
18. To congratulate each other.
19. To embrace and to shake hands with one another after the Eid Salah as Muslims usually do. It is a good act because it expresses happiness.
(Bahar-e-Shari’at, pp. 71, part 4)
However, embracing a young attractive boy may lead to allegation.
20. In most cases, there are the same rulings for Eid-ul-Adha as for Eid-ul-Fitr. However, there are a few differences; for example, it is Musta ab not to eat anything before the Eid Salah on Eid-ul-Adha regardless of whether or not one is performing the sacrifice (of cattle), but if one eats something, still there is no harm.
21. To utter the following Takbir in low voice while on your way to the designated place for Eid Salah to offer Eid-ul-Fitr Salah, and to utter it loudly while heading for the designated place for Eid Salah to offer Eid-ul-Adha Salah.
اللہ اکبر – اللہ اکبر
لا الہ الا اللہ واللہ اکبر – اللہ اکبر – وللہ الحمد
Translation: Allah عزوجل is the greatest. Allah عزوجل is the greatest. There is none worthy to worthy of worship except Allah عزوجل and Allah عزوجل is the greatest. Allah عزوجل is the Greatest and all the praise is for Allah عزوجل .